Sunday, November 7, 2010

Updates!

I've been remiss, I know, but the Prodigal Bookworm has returned!

Briefly. Ever so briefly.

Here are some little tidbits, some little update-victuals, for your reading palates until I can post my longer thoughts:

Cows graze while I walk to college in the cold mornings, and the babies glare at me from the heather with ears akimbo.

I scrambled a gorge. In wellies. And climbed a mountain with sheep.

Emma Smith has determined that ducks recur and that A Winter's Tale begs the question: "Wtf?" (NB: Othello, Henry V, Measure for Measure, and Macbeth will never be as thrilling as in her lectures.)

I'm laundry-illiterate with all-blue underwear.

Building a separate room out of the quantity of library books on my desk is a viable option.

Incense does not mix well with solos for Requiem masses.

There is nothing more beautiful than a rainstorm through peaks and valleys. Or a train ride to London.

I have given up the Ph.D. goal for now. Library science, here I come! Where? No one knows. New Jersey? Boston? North Carolina? Please advise!

My "Medieval Literary Theory" lecturer tossed around the phrase "deponent infinitive" last class and it was the best part of my day.

  • (He also discussed medieval perceptions of university life: "Critics had very interesting things to say about this university." This university. THIS university. The one I'm attending that's been around since the Middle Ages.)

The Oxford Diet: Steak and ale pie. Digestives. Pimms and Lemonade. Cadbury.

Your best bet for an accurate weather report is British senior citizens. Actually, they're your best bet for anything.

Recipe for "Formal Hall": 1 part "Benedictus benedicta, amen" + 4 parts Gowns + 2 parts Wine + 2 parts Incredible Friends + 1 part Handsome Dinner Companion.

Remember, remember the 5th of November…….

That's it for now, my loyal and long-suffering readership. In a few days, there will be more to come!

Smooches,

--Roaming Lib

No comments:

Post a Comment